Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Homeless Man Paid Cash and Bought A Rug


The day before yesterday around 5:00 pm a homeless man walked into our rug gallery and looked at an area rug which was on a stack of Persian rugs and asked for the price. I treated him well with respect and responded to his question. He said he would come back tomorrow morning at 10:00. Surprisingly, he showed up tomorrow, paid cash and picked up the rug carrying it on his shoulder. I was happy that I treated him respectfully and it paid off.


Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com
310-770-9085

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of rug was it?

Anonymous said...

What kind of rug was it?

Rug Ideas Dr. Kay Sobhe (Los Angeles) said...

It was a 5 x 8 machine made area rug.
Khosrow Sobhe

Unknown said...

Awesome job! It just goes to show that we cannot judge a book by it's cover. I know a man in Victoria,BC that looks like he has a hard time buying a coffee, but he is actually very rich, he just doesn't spend his money on stuff he doesnt need or want. I thank you for treating him with respect, I wish more people would do that.

Rug Ideas Dr. Kay Sobhe (Los Angeles) said...

Hi RugLoverMary. Thank you for your nice comment. I believe we should treat people the way we like to be treated.

Please say hi to Dusty.
Khosrow Sobhe

Anonymous said...

It's great to read a story like this and I am happy for you that you have the heart in the right place!
Good karma ;)