Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Popular Rug Designs: Classic/Traditional or Modern?

It is 4:44 am and I could not sleep. I got up after struggling in my bed to continue to sleep. It did not work. So I checked my e-mails. These days I receive many inquiries from walk in or the Internet customers who want to sell their rugs. They either have no space to keep the rug in or need money therefore want to sell their rugs. What is the best way of selling a rug? I will have to talk about this in a separate post.

I have noticed that most of my customers who buy rugs from me, area, Persian, or Oriental rugs, would prefer to buy traditional or classic design rugs. I have not been that successful to sell rugs in modern or transitional designs. I do not have a good reason for this, but I can guess that traditional designs are never out of market, while those designs which come with fashion and trend, will go by the change of the fashion. On the other hand, many people are used to traditional rug designs, so when they come to my rug gallery on 1655 South La Cienega Blvd, in Los Angeles, they look for a familiar design.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com
310-770-9085

No comments: