Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Kerman Rug Castelli Brothers in Los Angeles



Few days ago, a customer walked into my rug gallery. We talked about several different rug related topics. I showed him a very old Persian kerman runner made between 1885 to 1890 by the order of Castelli Brothers, two Italian bothers from Venice. This customer said that he has a rug with the same signature. I suspiciously asked him about the rug and how he had acquired that rug. He said that he bought the rug many years ago in Paris. I showed interest to see this rug. We fixed the time and I went to this customer's home last evening. Yes. The rug was there in a perfect condition. It was framed. The size was 200 x 130 cm. He does not want to sell this beautiful masterpiece.


Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com
310-770-9085

No comments: