Thursday, February 7, 2008

Moroccan Kilims, Area Rugs, Tapestries, and ...

We received a new shipment or area rugs yesterday and I was busy unpacking and putting price tags on them the whole day. A lady walked in and after a few minutes bought few small area rugs and doormats. We do not make that much profit on the small pieces, but these little pieces bring us foot traffic and customers who may not notice us otherwise.

A lady came into our rug gallery with two old Moroccan kilims. She needed to get an estimate for cleaning and repair. one of them had several holes in it. I measured the kilims and gave her an written list of the costs for cleaning, fixing the fringe, and fixing the holes. She asked whay the price of cleaning was high and I explained because these kilims are double faced and we have to clean both sides, that is why the cost seems high. She accepted the cost. We have a cleaning and repair agreement. She read and signed the agreement and paid a deposit. I was at work until 6:30 pm. I had started work at 8:15 am. I love what I do so I do not get tired. During the day, My older son Ashkan visited me and stayed with me for a couple of hours. Then my lovely wife stopped by and spent an hour with me and helped me unpacking the area rugs I had received in the morning. I am fortunate to live close to my work so I do not have to drive more than 3 miles to get home. And, my family can help ma and visit me when they have time.

A lady called me from a neighboring city, 60-70 miles away from Los Angeles looking for big Tapesrties to be hung from her stairs. I explained about the pieces we have. She seemed interested over the phone. She got the address and our working hours (it is seven days a week!) to visit us. We have a wide range of Belgian and American tapestries of different sizes. These are new piecs, but if the customers can wait only a hundred years, they will surely be antique.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com
310-770-9085

No comments: