Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Very Slow Day and My Birthday

It was very slow yesterday. Few people came in separately, but they were only asking for cheap area rugs which I did not have. A couple of rug dealers also came in to sell area rugs. I contacted a few customers whose rugs are left with us for cleaning. Their rugs are ready so they can either come to pick them up or we can drop them off. We made the arrangements.

It was my birthday yesterday, so we went out to a Thai restaurant for lunch with Ali a very close friend of mine. We were class mates at the University of Southern California, USC between 1978 and 1982. In the evening, we went to an Italian restaurant for dinner with my family. After we returned home, we had cake and tea and I received few gifts from the family members including shirts, sweaters, cologne, a 4-gigabyte memory card and etc. It is always good to receive gifts. That is why I give gifts to those who walk into my store. It could be a little booklet we have: "Carpet Cleaning Tips For Dummies", a pen, key chain, money clip or something else.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com

No comments: