Thursday, November 15, 2007

Delivering Cleaned Rugs and Selling One Qashqai Piece

Yesterday, I delivered an old Persian Heriz and a Kilim which was given to us by a customer from Hollywood area. The kilim was so dirty that we had to wash it few times, face and the back. The customer liked the service and was happy with the quality of the cleaning. I offered help th spread the rug pads she had also bought from us. She wanted me to help with moving the furniture and spreading the Heriz and the Kilim which we did. I got the check the left. For some samples of these items, please visit the link below:

http://www.rugidea.com/qashqai.html

Later during the day, a walk-in customer came into our rug gallery looking for a Zarnim (zarnim is a size around 100x150 cm, 3x5 feet) with traditional design. He did not find anything interesting until I showed him some of the Qashqai rugs we produce in Iran around the city of Shiraz with hand spun wool and vegetable dye. He selected a 3' 10 x 5' piece with gold background and a small dark blue medallion. He wanted to give this rug a one of his friends as a gift. He paid cash and left while he was offering me to join him and his friends for lunch. I thanked him and said that I would have to work.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com

No comments: