Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Day Before Thanksgiving

Yesterday was a relatively busy day. Few customers brought their Persian or Oriental rugs for cleaning and repair. A friend who lives in a city close to Los Angeles brought in a couple of rugs for cleaning and picked up other rugs he had left for cleaning and repair. He is not in rug business directly, but sells rugs and provide its related services as a side job.

A couple came in just before we closed in the evening around 6:00 pm and bought a handmade Persian Kashan with dark blue background. The size was 10x14 feet. We also delivered two Bokhara rugs and a silk Chinese rug to a customer's home in Hollywood. The customer was so pleased with the quality of the cleaning and giving her rugs right on time before her Thanksgiving party. She said "Oh God; I am so happy with the cleaning of my rugs". This is what I love to hear from my customers. I believe providing the customers with high quality of service is more important than the price or the quality of the good you sell. Timing which is also a part of the service is very important.

We will have a 3-day after Thanksgiving rug sale with 30% off on almost all of our stocks starting from Friday Nov. 23rd to Sunday Nov. 25th. We will extend our working hours for these three days from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Like always, if we sell online, or by phone and any other means than walk ins, shipping will be free for the continental USA.

Today is November 22nd and is Thanksgiving day in America and it is a public holiday. All shops and stores are also closed today. I am at work because I had promised to a customer to deliver her Nepalese rug which was left with us for cleaning. Another customer had also appointment with me to come in to pick up her cleaned rug. My younger son told me last night : "Dad do not go to work tomorrow. All the shops are closed tomorrow and even the beggers will not work"!! I simply laughed and said my working hours will be short tomorrow, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Actually I get bored when I am at home during the day. On the other hand, if family members see you too much, they get bored with you too. You lose your freshness for them!! Strange idea? Not?

Today afternoon, me and my family are invited to go to a very dear friend's home to see them and be with them and few other friends to celebrate Thanksgiving and eat Turkey. I believe we should celebrate all occasions if we can, regardless of where they come from or who those celebrations belong to. It is always nice to celebrate and have fun with family and friends.

In a separate post, I will write how our Thanksgiving was. I was supposed to write about rugs, but ended up writing about food and feasts!!



Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving..........great info on rugs!!!

Rug Ideas Dr. Kay Sobhe (Los Angeles) said...

Thank you. I wish you the same.

Khosrow Sobhe
Los Angeles